Lay the foundations for a sustainable future.
We’re a unique project on the Rio Tambopata in Madre de Dios, Peru, collectively owned and run by a dedicated international team.
We’re looking for quiet, reliable heroes to boost our pool of Jungle Guardians.
Sipapu is a new project aiming to conserve natural wisdom. That means the wisdom that comes from living in deep connection with the Earth. The project spans
- sustainability & permaculture
- personal healing & development
- living & working together.
Sipapu currently comprises a small ecolodge set in 50Ha of beautiful primary and secodary rainforest. There are 4 wooden buildings, including
- meeting house
- guardian house.
There is running water, electricity when needed from a petrol generator, one indoor and two outdoor showers, a flushing w/c and two composting toilets. The kitchen is well-equipped with gas cooker and all sorts of cooking gear. We are working to install solar power and wifi.
What we’re looking for
The basic role is pretty straightforward. We need one or ideally two responsible and trustworthy people to maintain a presence on site, especially during the coming months, when we anticipate team members needing to make trips back home.
While you’ll be in contact with our staff in Puerto Maldonado, the site is 3.5 hours upriver from town and there is no road access.
- to be practical, self-reliant, and have some experience of the jungle, ideally, at an ecolodge
- a decent working level of Spanish
- be able to start and stop a petrol generator, and other practical tasks
- an interest in plants, the jungle, wildlife
- to be responsible and trustworthy
- a clean bill of health.
What’s the deal?
- Your on-site stints will be between 10 and 20 days, with food, water and transport provided.
- Solo stays are not recommended unless you have ample experience of life in the jungle.
- You’ll need to do your own cooking and cleaning
- Basic care of the premises
- Patrol of trails (guidance given)
Pay commensurate with going rates.
Negotiable if you have proven practical/regional permaculture experience.
We’re nice people. We’ll make it work for the right person(s)!
Contact Nizami on +51 9 4772 4554
or email info at sipapu dot co.
NB If you’re not able to meet in Puerto Maldonado now, we’ll need to chat with you over Zoom.